Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Lot Of Small Progress

I've made a lot of small progress on the cab. I've done a lot of little things. I have no pictures to post, they're all sitting on the memory card so here goes:
  • Tore apart my old control panel to get out the iPac
  • Installed the iPac into a project box
  • Wired iPac box to two female DB25 connectors
  • Built two wiring harnesses that will connect to the buttons
  • Wired the marquee light to a power plug (it works and passed the smoke test!)
  • Removed old speaker
  • Installed Creative PC speakers over speaker holes
  • Installed a 12VDC / 10 amp DPDT relay in a powerstrip. (also passed smoke test, so far)
  • Removed old power toggle pushbutton from mounting plate
  • Installed a cheapo momentary contact button in its place
  • Filled control panel with wood filler to level it out and sanded it
  • Cleaned up control panel holes a bit
  • Primered control panel
  • Test fitted computer, subwoofer, powerstrip, and coinbox
I'll figure out what to write up next. I'm stalling until I actually finish something. I guess I can write up the relay switch installation, speaker installation, and lighting installation. But for now, my vacation is over. I made a ton of progress and I'm in the home stretch now. Just need to spray paint a few things black, get some plexiglass, resurface some bolts, and square out some round holes. After I do all that, I just need to sit around and wait for my shipments When I get the Control Panel Overlay, I'll finally finish the damn control panel then I can go ahead and put the computer in and strap everything down and fire her up!

No comments: