Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Cabinet Stripping Done

After I finished my monitor reinforcement work, I started stripping more stuff. I got the control panel off the cabinet and pulled the sticks and buttons off. Man the thing is like swiss cheese, so many damn button holes, there's not enough metal to support the new layout. I also removed the Carrier Air Wing board, the electrical board with parts attached, and vacuumed the whole cab out. I also bought some caster wheels for the cab, but I still have to figure out where the hell I'm going to mount them.

Today I finished stripping more stuff and got everything out of there. Removed the Jamma wiring harness, coin box, coin door, and security bar. With everything off, the cab is lightened up pretty well. I tipped it over and had a look at the underside.

The right front is a mess. It's smashed and looks like crap. Also thanks to shoddy construction, the thing leans forward. I had a close look and it looks like the bottom board is just screwed into the side panel's nail strips by a couple screws. All the weight on the leg levelers and this board has forced the nail strip and board to be driven upwards in the front. For some reason, in the back it's been driven downwards and the whole bottom board is extremely warped. It's a mess and looks to me like I need to replace the bottom board and the bottom nail strips in order to straighten it all out. It's good that I'll be removing that crap because I'll need the bottom off before I can fix the smashed corner. No other way to get glue and clamps on there with the bottom board in the way.

No comments: