Monday, November 5, 2007

An Idea For A New Direction On This Project

Apprehension is starting again. I realize that I have a pretty good Capcom cabinet that many a Street Fighter has been based on. Examples are this:


and this:

That got me thinking. Why tear up this perfect Capcom cab and CP when I can turn it into a Street Fighter II restore instead? I certainly loved Street Fighter 2 when it came out, and this cab is the perfect shape. I remember playing on this type of control panel. I know there were bigger ones, but I wouldn't mind playing on a small SF control panel. It's more cozy!

Of course it'd have to be a Street Fighter II and not a Champion edition. Even though you could play as the bosses, I hated Champion edition. They crippled the throw mechanic and rewarded purely defensive play and cheap combos. Plus Champion(ship?) editon was freaking ugly.

I have nice big copies of the sideart, control panel, and marquee artwork. I would just need the bezel instruction cardstock and vinyl control panel overlay.

I'll think about it. Perhaps I'll use a different style of T-molding similar to what Knevil used on his Ms. Pac-Man.

Edit: Thanks to the power of Google I have discovered this post:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=65881
and I realize that I have a Dynamo HS-1 cabinet with a 19" monitor. I'll keep poking around for other SF2 restos and look for ideas.

No comments: