Monday, November 19, 2007

Fixing Cabinet Damage

I've got the clamps from Home Depot. They're 36" clamps at $16 dollars each. I totally needed them to do this cabinet repair. What I did was I drenched the exploded parts in wood glue and sandwiched them down with the clamps between two pieces of wood for about 30 hours. One of the corners was only slightly exploded, but it got the same treatment with the glue and its own clamp. The part whith some missing chunks of particle board also got some spackle filler to fill in the gaps. I know it's not strong enough, but it's seemed to do the job so far.



Also while I was waiting for the glue and spackle to dry, I fixed the bottom. I added some reinforcement on the sides and a ton of screws. This bottom ain't caving in and ripping the particle board again, ever!

No comments: