Thursday, December 6, 2007

Coindoor Refurbishing


I stripped all of the parts off of the coindoor before painting. I found that the plastic parts were very worn and old with some ugly spraypaint here and there. I started cleaning them and found that the more I cleaned, the worse they looked. Maybe I'll repaint them later, but for now, I'll leave them as they are.




I did polish the coin eject buttons a bit
Before:



After:


The coin mechs were ugly and coated with old dirt, grime, rust, and oxidation.


One acceptor barely took quarters, while quarters always got stuck in the other. Opening her up, you can see why. They're caked with rust.



It's a wonder that quarters slide through these things at all!


After scrubbing these parts for a couple hours with Brasso, they look great now.






More results:





Reassembled and back on the dry door, they look new again









The finished product:

No comments: